Mail4ME: Re: Mail4ME: Mail4ME servlet setup and MIDlet setup (READ THIS)

Dear Johannes

Your how-to is really a big help. I am almost done now I beleive. I started
out having a Win2K server to run Tomcat, but now I moved over to RedHat 7.2,
and installed the JDK and Tomcat 4.1 is what I could find. It runs nicely
now. The port is configured to 8080, and it comes up if I address it
domain.com:8080

My question is this. After I created the mail4me.war file, do I put it
under /webapps right? For me it is /usr/local/jakarta-4.1.3-tomcat/webapps.
So I dont need the mail4me/ directory anymore? With the class files? I am not
clear on that. Or do I need the .war file and the /mail4me/ directory also
with the /WEB-INF and the web.xml and classes files?

Also when you edit the security settings, I am not clear on one thing.

This is what you submitted:

grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/mail4me/WEB-INF/classes/-" {
         permission java.net.SocketPermission "*", "connect";
         permission java.net.SocketPermission "*", "resolve";
    };

Where you say "*" we need to fill it in with our information right? I assume
we shouldnt leave the * there. So what I did, I put "mydomain.com" . Is that
correct? The problem is complex. This proxy server runs on my home PC, but
the email is hosted elsewhere. So what do I put here? The Proxy server's
name, or the mail servers name? Do I need to indicate the portnumber
ex: :8080?

Also do you happen to know, if for RedHat I need to use the catalina.policy
file or I need to create my own? It just doesnt work, the handset says, "not
found". It doestn give me more info, so I am kind of stuck there.

THanks in advance for the help

Benedek Frank