Mail4ME: Re: Contents of Mail4ME digest...---> I got further meanwhile

Hi

I got further. I have installed the TOmcat as I said in the previous email.
And I forgot about the Apache for now. I realized, it will only forward the
Proxy request to Tomcat. But I can reach Tomcat direcly also, if I address
my server www.mydomain.com:8080/mail4me  as the mail4me is the directory I
have now under the webapps directory of Tomcat. So now, the mail4me app is
deployed in Tomcat. I can go there with the Tomcat manager, and I see that
it is running. What I did, is I copied the j2se-mail4me class files to a
directory under /webapps/mail4me The webapps directory was give, and I had
to create the mail4me directory. I just unxipped the class files there
(/mail4me/WEB-INF/classes), and they created their own folder hierarchy. The
very top folder is "de". And it goes further in. So, the web.xml file I had
problem with . It is not correct when downloaded from the server. It gives
an error when ran. So I checked. Surely, one of the links that the .xml
files refers to, is broken. So I got the correct link, and I replaced it.
Now it works. Further on, I didnt know what to do with the url-pattern. It
was "/*" as default, without the " signs. So I changed it to /mail4me. That
seemed to work. Before I did that, the webapp didnt start correctly, and
when I addressed it (www.mydomain.com:8080/mail4me) it failed with a 505
Tomcat error. Now, that I changed the url-pattern, it all goes well. When I
address it, it shows the directory listing. I dont know if that is good or
not. When I point my phone to it, it will think, and then fail saying
"something not found" Something I forgot what it was. My phone by the way is
a SharpGX22s.. and the app runs great on it, until I need to start it with
the given settings, it fails. So I think it is the servlet on my tomcat
server, as it is looking for it, and when I monitor tomcat with manager, it
shows up as a request there, when the phone is trying to reach it.

I am however stuck here. I can feel I am so very close. Can somebody give me
a push now where to go?

So again what I have is this:

Tomcat 5.0 running, and the java class files expanded under
/webapps/mail4me/WEB-INF/classes/.......

The web.xml file that i got from the website is under
/webapps/mail4me/WEB-INF/web.xml. The .xml file I have looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

<web-app>

  <servlet>

    <servlet-name>mail4me</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>de.trantor.mail.proxy.ProxyServlet</servlet-class>

  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>mail4me</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/mail4me</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

You can see, that I changed the link pointing to the java-sun.com document.
It is correct this way, so the .xml runs.

Any help would be appretiated.

Thanks

Ben