Re: Mail4ME: Nokia 7250 error on connection

At 19:38 11/07/2003 +0200, you wrote:

Hi!

I have a Nokia 7250, and trying to use mail4me with it, but it wont connect.

I get the error message The requested protocol does not exist socket://my.mailserver.com:110

Ive tried several different pop accounts whitout success. Anyone who knows what I have done wrong, or maybe

Whats causing this?

Sincerely Alexander

My guess is that your device has only http support, thus you could need
Package de.trantor.mail.proxy

This package holds the implementation of a proxy servlet for tunneling arbitrary TCP connections through HTTP. The proxy allows J2ME devices that don't support the plain TCP protocol (which is not a mandatory protocol) to communicate with POP3, IMAP and SMTP servers.

Also you may want to check here as far as the GPRS connection itself is concerned
http://www.reqwireless.com/EmailViewer-2.0/INSTALL.html#Nokia7210
http://www.reqwireless.com/EmailViewer-2.0/INSTALL.html#Nokia7650

Cheers

Daniele Berti

Member of Gimp-Print - Top Quality Printer Drivers Development Team
Official Cookie Pal Beta tester
Weather Matrix Member http://www.weathermatrix.net/members/public.php3?f=Daniele&l=Berti

EMail address : berti.daniele@tin.it
ECDL (European Computer Driving License) Rif. DS0008
PGP 2.63i Key ID: ECC14A51
Key Fingerprint = 4C C0 DB BD 85 D8 E7 D3  C4 63 82 53 DC 7E 82 EC
DSS key available
ICQ# 22091823