Re: Mail4ME: Trying to set up MIDlet version [Partially OT]

At 09:16 15/07/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Around about 14/07/2003 18:59, Dan typed ...
Worth trying JSDK, you'll need J2SE SDK and J2ME sdk to have a
successful compile.

  OK.  Didn;'t work, BTW - same error as just reported by Alexander Newfinnmark.  I wonder whether it's missing a 'please connect' API call.  Although my new GPRS is supposed to be 'always on', it seems to go away whem I quit the browser.

On my Motorola V60i I've two Gprs connections: one for WAP and one named Java Session.
For the first I use Omnitel/Vodaf. settings for WAP Gprs, for the second Omnitel/Vodaf.
settings required to use my cell. as a GPRS "modem" connected with the PC.
Also APNs are different in the two scenarios.

  Each game/application can be set to be /able/ to access the Net (with or without asking permission), but although I've set this, I wonder whether Mail4ME *assumes* it's connected.  Guess I'll have to read around the docs. etc. to see if there's anything obvious.

  Never done any Java hacking before ...

My guess is that you might need proxying too, as told to Alexander .

<OT>
Member of Gimp-Print - Top Quality Printer Drivers Development Team

  Had a right ol' b#gger of a time trying to create gimp RPMs with an updated gimp-print plugin a couple of months back.  It was hack-city trying to get the 'full' gimp to not install it and have it in the RPM, and then have gimp-print as it's own RPM which included the plug-in (which Redhat's doesn't by default).

Hey..that my task, right for Redhat...go here and let me know
http://space.tin.it/computer/wvtberti/linux/stp_driver/gs_stp.htm

</OT>

Cheers

Daniele Berti

Member of Gimp-Print - Top Quality Printer Drivers Development Team
Official Cookie Pal Beta tester
Weather Matrix Member http://www.weathermatrix.net/members/public.php3?f=Daniele&l=Berti

EMail address : berti.daniele@tin.it
ECDL (European Computer Driving License) Rif. DS0008
PGP 2.63i Key ID: ECC14A51
Key Fingerprint = 4C C0 DB BD 85 D8 E7 D3  C4 63 82 53 DC 7E 82 EC
DSS key available
ICQ# 22091823