Re: Mail4ME: Trying to set up MIDlet version

Around about 14/07/2003 18:59, Dan typed ...
> Worth trying JSDK, you'll need J2SE SDK and J2ME sdk to have a
> successful compile.

   OK.  Didn;'t work, BTW - same error as just reported by Alexander
Newfinnmark.  I wonder whether it's missing a 'please connect' API call.
  Although my new GPRS is supposed to be 'always on', it seems to go
away whem I quit the browser.

   Each game/application can be set to be /able/ to access the Net (with
or without asking permission), but although I've set this, I wonder
whether Mail4ME *assumes* it's connected.  Guess I'll have to read
around the docs. etc. to see if there's anything obvious.

   Never done any Java hacking before ...

<OT>
> Member of Gimp-Print - Top Quality Printer Drivers Development Team

   Had a right ol' b#gger of a time trying to create gimp RPMs with an
updated gimp-print plugin a couple of months back.  It was hack-city
trying to get the 'full' gimp to not install it and have it in the RPM,
and then have gimp-print as it's own RPM which included the plug-in
(which Redhat's doesn't by default).
</OT>

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature