Re: Mail4ME: Trying to set up MIDlet version

At 16:19 14/07/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Around about 14/07/2003 15:44, Dan typed ...
Yes, there is an  Exit/Ok choice: ok stands for "Check my mail" It could
take even 40seconds to have it done so be patient (and don't expect a
progress bar or so much cosmetics...).

  The penny drops!  Yes, thanks, there's the 'OK' after either 'Select' or 'Edit' off each config. item.  I'm about to register for GPRS, so I'll try it after I get that.

:-)

Mail4Me is a great applet, small in size, highly optimized, with source
code (so you can tailor it to your needs, even modifying Exit/Ok into
something different) and it comes free of charge. It's my ultimate
choice.

  Have you compiled it yourself?  I was wondering whether it was worth getting the official Sun Java SDK or trying gcc ...

Yes, I slightly modified it on my own....I mean...the official release reported itself as V. 1.0.5 in info window, so I modified it to reflect actual version (i.e. 1.1.14). gaining 1k (29kb against 30kb, 3% not bad).
Worth trying JSDK, you'll need J2SE SDK and J2ME sdk to have a successful compile.

Cheers

Daniele Berti

Member of Gimp-Print - Top Quality Printer Drivers Development Team
Official Cookie Pal Beta tester
Weather Matrix Member http://www.weathermatrix.net/members/public.php3?f=Daniele&l=Berti

EMail address : berti.daniele@tin.it
ECDL (European Computer Driving License) Rif. DS0008
PGP 2.63i Key ID: ECC14A51
Key Fingerprint = 4C C0 DB BD 85 D8 E7 D3  C4 63 82 53 DC 7E 82 EC
DSS key available
ICQ# 22091823