Mail4ME: Why doesn´t it work?

I have a real bad problem with Mail4me. I have tried to install the program
into nokia 6310i and sony-ericsson p800. I can install the program into nokia
phone, but it doesn´t work. I get an error msg "Application not supported".
And the program doesn´t even install in sony-ericsson. In sony-ericsson I get
an error message during installation "something about that java version not
supported or something like that". With sun wtk emulators (both sony-ericsson
and nokia) the program works very good.
Someone pls tell what´s wrong...