Mail4ME: Mail4ME problems! (with nokia and sony-ericsson p800)

I´m a newbie in programming with j2me and need info.
Does anyone have any experiment for using Mail4ME with Sony-Ericsson p800? I
use the J2ME wtk and have problems running it. The program hangs after the
setupscreen, and I have to close the emulator.
I have also tested this program with Nokia emulators, but Nokia doesn´t
support MIDP2 socket operation (error can't open tcp connection or something
like that). Suggestions how can I make this program work. What have I change
in the code to make this work in either Nokia, or Sony-Ericsson phones? Pls
answer, very important to me!