Mail4ME: Well known socket problem

Hi there,

I bought a Nokia 6610 and tried to install Mail4me.
I configured the account but got this when I pushed "OK":

"javax.microedition.io.connectionnotfound exception: the
requested protocol does not exist socket://pop.gmx.net:110"

I read the mailing list and found the similar problem that was issued
back in May 2002.
So my question is: are there any possibilities this would be fixed or
I will have to spend those 16$ in Reqwireless' emailviewer?

I'm so sorry I don't know anything about Java, otherwise I would have
contributed actively, by now I'm just a filthy leecher...

Go on like this, though.
--
Best Regards,
 Fabio