Re: Mail4ME: Too big for 6310

At 12:25 09/01/2003 +0100, Joerg Pleumann wrote:
Hello,

Ficek M. wrote:
> Hello
> I would like to use this outstanding program on my NOKIA 6310i but
> when I try to upload it to the phone there is an error. I thing the
> application is too big for it. I don`t understand programming in J2
> ME so I can`t edit it and make smaller. Please, can you help me?

The standard version is indeed too big for the 6310. I think the magical
limit is 30 KB. I'll make available a stripped-down ASAP. Using an
obfuscator should do the job. If not, I'll drop some classes that are not
needed.

Regards,

Jörg

Jorg and Ficek.....on December 18th I built a full featured version of Mail4Me of 30338Bytes .I sent to Jorg also 'cause it corrected a thin bug in program version reporting (About screen) but it looked like I was blown off.
I attach again such contribute of mine, specifying that it has been compiled against Wireless Tlk 1.4.1_01 .
BTW it works great over my V60i.

Cheers

Daniele Berti

Member of Gimp-Print - Top Quality Printer Drivers Development Team
Official Cookie Pal Beta tester
Weather Matrix Member http://www.weathermatrix.net/members/public.php3?f=Daniele&l=Berti

EMail address : berti.daniele@tin.it
ECDL (European Computer Driving License) Rif. DS0008
PGP 2.63i Key ID: ECC14A51
Key Fingerprint = 4C C0 DB BD 85 D8 E7 D3  C4 63 82 53 DC 7E 82 EC
DSS key available
ICQ# 22091823

MIDlet-1: Mail4ME, , de.trantor.mail.demo.j2me.MailMIDlet
MIDlet-Jar-Size: 30338
MIDlet-Jar-URL: Mail4ME.jar
MIDlet-Name: Mail4ME
Created-By: 1.4.1_01 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
MIDlet-Vendor: Sun Microsystems
MIDlet-Version: 1.1.4
MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.0
MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-1.0