Re: Mail4ME: Mail4Me & Nokia 6310i - viable?

Hi Alex,

the problem is that the phone doesn't support plain TCP/IP or at least
doesn't let Java applications use plain TCP/IP (the only protocol required
by an MIDP implementation is HTTP). You would have to use the version of
Mail4ME that works with "TCP/IP tunneling through HTTP" (the proxy thing
mentioned on the homepage). Unfortunately it isn't fully stable yet and also
requires that the proxy servlet is running somewhere permanently. I don't
have a machine that allows this, and since I can't estimate the traffic the
servlet generates (don't know how many people will use it), I wouldn't like
to install it at the University chair where I'm working. You don't happen to
have a machine suitable for this, do you? :-)

Regards,

Jörg