Re: Mail4ME: Mail4Me for j2me has some problem?

Hello Rino,

thanks for your mail regarding Mail4ME.

I'm not sure if I understand the problem correctly. Mail4ME uses Strings to
store and transmit messages, because that's the easiest way and also the one
that is expected by SMTP/POP servers. The protocols demand that messages are
transmit as ASCII lines plus CR/LF. There are also recommendations for
maximum line lengths, so you can't really transmit the whole message body as
one paragraph (line) without inserting breaks (you should use MIME for
this).

Now, what exactly happens when you use Mail4ME? The messages are transmit
correctly, but the debug output is wrong? Or does it make the application
crash with an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException (because you mentioned
differing lengths of String and byte[])? Maybe you can give a bit more
detail to make me understand your problem better.

Regards,

Jörg