Mail4ME: Mail4ME & J2ME Wireless Toolkit help

Hi,

I am currently trying to get an email client working on a J2ME environment in Windows. I found Mail4ME and it is perfect for what I am trying to do.

I am currently using SUN’s J2ME Wireless Toolkit Version 1.0.1 & 1.0.3 to run the J2ME environment on my PC and am able to get many internet/http applets working.

After setting up Mail4ME to my mail server, I fail on both IMAP4 & POP3 settings and get the following error:

javax.microedition.io.ConnectionNotFoundException: null

I took note on you website about the MIDP spec only supporting HTTP:

“Note that the current version relies on the plain socket protocol being available in the Generic Connection Framework. This is not the case for all MIDP-enabled devices, since the MIDP specification demands only an implementation of HTTP.”

And found the following answer at SUN about how to enable other protocols:

“Q. Can I use other network protocols than HTTP and HTTPS in J2ME technology-based applications?
A. The MIDP specification only defines http:// URLS. The J2ME Wireless Toolkit also allows URLS beginning with https:// (for HTTPS connections). Additionaly, URLS beginning with socket:// and serversocket:// (for direct TCP/IP stream connections), datagram:// (for UDP datagrams) and comm:// (for serial connects) are included for experimental purposes only and are not tested or supported. To access the additional URLS, the enable_extra_protocols property must be set to true.”

By default the extra protocols are enabled, yet it still fails to work.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get it to work on the J2ME Wireless Toolkit or any other runtime environment on Windows?

Thanks,

Mariano Saint-Clair.